Friday, May 04, 2007

Too Many WIPs Mean...

nothing to show. There are several projects on the needles - the Moth shawl, 3 pairs of socks, Ariann - and consequently, I have not gotten too far on any of them. Add to that some of Amy's fiber on the wheel and I have more to do than I have the time to do it. And thanks to Margene, another project has jumped into my lap:
I liked Margene's choice of Louet Gems sportweight for the squares so I ordered a few colors from The Loopy Ewe. Sheri always sends out your order super quickly and includes some little extras. I love the blue/brown combination that is so popular now and thought I'd also add a pink/brown combo also. If I find I like getting back to crocheting, I'll order a few more colors for more squares. I remember really hating granny squares and chose to make those ripple afghans instead. One summer my mom, sister and I were all crocheting those afghans. I still have mine and one of my mom's is still over the couch at home.
Back to knitting - Has anyone made the Queen of Cup socks? Connie, a friend of mine in Utah whom I met several years ago through the Socknitters website, and I are doing a mini KAL together. I'm making the wider size (since they are for me) and using the 64 stitches on a size 2 needle (the pattern suggests between a 2 and a 3 for the wider size). The socks seem loose, but the pattern says they should fit looser than an average sock so I'm continuing on but I wonder if I should go down to a 1.5 for the foot since I wouldn't want it too loose inside of my shoe. Any suggestions?
For those going down to Maryland - have fun! And hug a few sheep and other fibery animals for me!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

That bag is showing up everywhere!

margene said...

I'd go down to the smaller needle for the foot. The lace doesn't have much give so you need a looser top. I got hooked pretty easily. It's nice to have company;-) I still have the shell afghan my grandmother made when Smith and I got married. They never wear out! LOL