Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Short of a Hat Trick

I think that I am using that term correctly, but if there are any hockey fans out there please feel free to correct me!


My daughter has been wearing her new hat everyday since it was finished. As you must know, that makes this knitting mom very happy. Since this hat went so quickly, I decided to make a matching hat to the Dream in Color Tulip baby cardigan I had gifted last month. The baby is due in February and I thought she should have a nice warm hat. Plus I had some leftover yarn from the cardigan that has been sitting around feeling lonely and unused so it was a good match.

The picture came out a little dark, but Bob the sock monkey is enjoying the hat tremendously. Too bad he could only wear it for a short while since I wrapped it up quickly and gave it to the expectant mother who was very happy with it.

The observant readers may notice the cute little pompoms that adorn the top of each hat. I ended up with these Clover pompom makers in a Yankee swap and my daughter and I have been having a blast making pompoms. I have the sizes shown in the linked review and two smaller sizes. They are a great way to use up some yarn and just plain fun to make.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

The hats are great!