Friday, May 01, 2009

Still more sweater love


Finally - as promised. Sweater number 4 for NaKniSweMoDo09 - my Placed Cable Aran in Queensland Kathmandu Aran Tweed. Another great sweater/yarn combination. The yarn was wonderful to work with and I love the color variations. The pattern was also well written although I did need to lengthen my sleeves by about 6 inches. Not quite sure how this came about but it shows you the importance of measuring yourself or a favorite sweater and then going with that and not just trusting the knitted pattern. My collar is not as "cowly" (is that even a word??) as the pattern picture but it's comfortable and I'm happy. I also knit the body in the round up to the underarms to save on some finishing work. I've worn this several times and one girlfriend told me that this is her favorite one so far this year.
I broke down and am knitting sweater #5 for my daughter - a Liesl in Frog Tree Merino Melange. With the gauge I'm getting with this yarn and the size I need, I'm able to knit the 34" size on the pattern. And since my daughter wants this long (~15" from the underarm) and the longer sleeves, I'm definitely counting this as one of my NaKniSweMoDo09 sweaters.

Knit on!!

4 comments:

JessaLu said...

*love* that sweater! I might have to queue that one for myself!

Carole Knits said...

Your new sweater looks great!

Karen said...

Your newest sweater came out great! From the looks of it, it won't be long before you're done with #5 too.

Ina said...

Nice FO and WIP! Garg, where's my sweater mojo gone?